There’s no flour, sugar, milk or butter, just banana, eggs, a little protein powder and they’re soooooo easy to make! I don’t eat them every day but they’re fast becoming one of my favourite weekend breakfasts!
This recipe is inspired by The Body Coach recipe book ‘Beach Lean in 15‘, you can adapt it to make them with or without protein powder and load them up with your favourite toppings – nuts, berries, Greek yoghurt, honey, seeds etc.
Coconut oil for cooking
1 sliced banana per person
1 egg per person
1 30g scoop of protein powder (chocolate or vanilla works well).
Low fat Greek Yoghurt to serve
Fruit/nuts to serve (Raspberries, blueberries, bananas etc)
1. Pop the sliced banana, eggs and protein powder in a blender and blitz on a smoothie setting for 2 minutes until you have a smooth batter.
2. Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, add a little coconut oil and pour or ladel out small puddles of batter. I usually get about 4 pancakes approximately 2 inches wide in my frying pan.
3. Cook for a couple of minutes until you see bubbles forming in the batter and then turn them over and cook for another couple of minutes.
4. Stack ‘em high and serve with a dollop of low fat Greek Yoghurt and your choice of topping. and
– They make a great post workout treat.
– Don’t have the heat too high, you can check if it’s hot enough by adding a splash of batter to see if it starts sizzling.
– I’ve found that 1 banana and 1 egg makes around 4 pancakes. We did try 3 eggs and 3 bananas between 2 of us and that was overambitious and too much!