This is a new recipe that I’ve adapted, it’s soooo quick and easy, tastes really good and is pretty clean and healthy too!
It might look like a lot of ingredients at first but you literally just tip it all in a pan or stick it in the oven.
Coconut oil for cooking
One pack of readymade beef meatballs
1 chopped garlic clove
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 onion finely diced
1 large handful of chopped dried apricots
1 large handful of dried cranberries
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to season
Quinoa and Freekah
1 small pot of low fat greek yoghurt
Large handful of flaked almonds
1. Heat your pan on a medium heat and lightly fry the meatballs in the coconut oil.
2. Add the onion, garlic and fry for another few minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, spices, apricots, cranberries and other ingredients, reduce to a low heat and simmer for around 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Cook the quinoa and freekah (allow around 60g per person) in 1 litre of boiling water for 10 minutes until soft.
5. Drain the freekah, serve the meatballs on top with a spoon of yoghurt, handful of chopped coriander and sprinkle of flaked almonds.
– You can also put all the ingredients in an oven proof dish and cook in the oven at 200º C for 25 minutes.